Sweet Tomato Chutney Recipe
2 - medium size firm tomatoes
1/2 tsp - cumin seeds
1/2 cup - soft jaggery/1/2cup powedered sugar
1 tsp - chilli powder
1 or 2 - bayleaves
1 - small cinnamon stick
3 to 4 - cashewnut, crushed
1 tbsp - oil
1/2 cup - water
1 tsp - salt
1. Chop the tomatoes and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaves and cinnamon stick and let it splutter.
3. Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder and saute it for some time.
4. Add water and jaggery/sugar and cook till the tomatoes become soft and the chutney becomes thick in consistency.
5. Take it from fire and add the crushed cashew and serve.
Labels: Sweet Tomato Chutney Recipe