Aloo Jeera Recipe
approx 500 g (or 1 to 1 1/2 pounds) - baby potatoes, scrubbed
1 tbsp - cumin seeds
1 tsp - chilli powder (or more if you desire)
1 tbsp - coriander-cumin powder
1/2 tsp - mango powder
1 tsp - ginger-garlic paste
1 - small onion, finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp - kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1/2 tsp - turmeric
salt to taste and few sprigs of cilantro to garnish
1. Boil the potatoes until lightly soft. Should not turn mushy
2. In a skillet, in 1/2 tsp - oil, saute the cumin and when it browns slightly giving out aroma add onions, ginger-garlic paste and with little salt cook until soft.
3. Add the spices except kasoori methi and saute some more. Sprinkle little water.
4. Cook until the mixture dries out again - about 1 -2 min.
5. Add the potatoes and stir fry on high heat for 3-5 minutes. If you have the time, let the potatoes sit for 1-2 min on med-high heat for it to develop roasted surface.
6. Just 2 minutes before switching off the stove, crush the kasoori methi with your hands and sprinkle on top of the potatoes. Give it a stir.
7. Serve warm with Rice or Chapathi.
Labels: Aloo Jeera Recipe