Ginger Pickle Recipe
100 g - ginger
200 g - tamarind
50 g - jaggery
50 g - salt
1 tsp - methi seeds (dry fry & powder)
1/2tbsp - mustard seeds (powdered)
20 - garlic cloves (de-husked)
250 ml - gingely oil
50 g - red chilli powder
3 - red chillies
1 tsp - haldi
1/2 tsp - hing
1/2 tsp - mustard seeds
1/2 tbsp - jeera
20 - curry leaves
1. Wash, peel & cut ginger into small pieces, dry them with out any moisture.
2. Fry the pieces in a tsp of oil for a min, keep aside.
3. Soak cleaned tamarind in 50ml of boiling water for 1/2hr & let it cook for 5 min again till it becomes a paste
4. Grind ginger in a mixie into a paste, add red chilli powder, tamarind paste, haldi, jaggery, garlic, methi & mustard powders, salt,
5. Run blender till every thing is mixed well & becomes a smooth paste.
6. Remove it into a clean bowl & keep it aside.
7. Heat oil,add hing, red chillies, jeera & curry leaves
8. Fry till the seeds splutter, remove from fire, cool & pour it over the prepared pickle.
9. Mix well & put the pickle in a clean bottle.
10. It will keep for 2 month if refrigerated.
Labels: Ginger Pickle Recipe