Soya Mutter Ki Subzi
1/2 cup soya nuggets
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
2 medium onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 cup fresh curds
2 teaspoons Bengal gram flour (besan)
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
1. Cook the soya nuggets in hot salted water for about 20 minutes. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and onions and saute till the onions are translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and cook on a slow flame for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Mix the curds, gram flour, milk and 3/4 cup of water and add to the onion-tomato gravy.
5. Add the soya nuggets, green peas, sugar and salt and simmer for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Labels: SOYA MUTTER KI SUBZI