MUTTER PANEER BUTTER MASALA
2½ cups paneer (cottage cheese), cut into cubes
1 teaspoon fenugreek (methi) seeds
¼ cup green peas, boiled
¼ cup onions, diced
2 tablespoons butter
To be ground to a paste
1 cup onions, chopped
25 mm. (1") piece ginger
6 to 7 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons broken cashewnuts
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 cups fresh tomato purée
1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera) powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon honey
¼ cup milk
¼ cup cream
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the ground paste and cook till it is light brown in colour.
2. Add the chilli powder and tomato purée and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the cumin seed powder, garam masala and ½ cup of water and cook for some time till the oil separates from the masala. Keep aside.
4. In another pan, melt the butter, add the fenugreek seeds and onions and cook till the onions are lightly browned.
5. Add this to the tomato gravy, along with the peas, honey, milk, cream, paneer and salt and allow it to come to a boil.
6. Serve hot with rotis or parathas.