CARROT RICE RECIPE
2 cup rice
2 tsp fried groundnuts
2 tsp oil
a small piece of cinnamon
1 tsp broken block gram
2 nos cloves
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp bengal gram
a few sprigs curry leaves
Salt as per taste
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp grated coconut
4 nos red chillies
* Heat the pan, pour the 1 tsp oil. Add red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fry till it turns brown.
* Add grated coconuts and remove from the heat. Grind it after it cools down.
* Grind seperately, the fried groundnuts coarsely.
* Cook the rice and let it cool.
* Put the carrots in warm water. Grate it without peeling the skin.
* Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, mustard, broken block gram and Bengal gram. Fry them.
* Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Once the onion is cooked, add the grated carrots. Fry till the carrots are cooked.
* Add rice and fry in a low flame. Add salt and the ground masala powder. Mix it well with the rice.
* Finally add groundnut powder and remove from the flame. Serve hot.
Labels: CARROT RICE RECIPE