HOT AND SOUR SOUP
2tbsp. chili sauce or to taste
11/2tbsp. Corn flour / corn starch
1 tbsp Soya sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
2tbsp. Capsicum / green bell pepper (chopped)
2tbsp spring onions (chopped)
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2tbsp. carrots (chopped)
1/4th cup chopped cabbage
A small block of Paneer / organic tofu (thinly sliced), optional
1tsp. Black Pepper powder or to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
A pinch Ajinomoto
Salt to taste
4 cups water
* Mix 4 cups of water, Chili sauce, Soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper powder and ajinomoto and bring to boil.
* Now add all the chopped vegetables except paneer . Cook for a minute on a medium heat.
* Dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup water and add to the soup stirring constantly till it becomes thick.
* Cook for a minute, add paneer slices.
* Serve hot .
* Hot and sour soup should be prepared just before consuming and should be served fresh, else it will lose the taste.
Labels: HOT AND SOUR SOUP