MOONG DAL CHAKLI
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup Mung Dal paste
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain) or cumin seeds
1 red chili powder (optional)
Salt To Taste
oil for frying water as required
* Cook the mungdal to a paste like consistency .
* In a big bowl add rice flour, mungdal paste, turmeric, salt, chili powder, carom seeds or cumin seeds.
* Mix lightly. Heat oil and add the sizzling hot oil to the rice flour mix.
* Add water as needed to make a stiff dough. Knead thoroughly with hand not food processor.
* Take a lemon size dough and place it in a chakli mould or icing bag with star nozzle. Heat oil for frying.
* Test the oil by dropping a small piece of dough and wait for 3 seconds if it does not rise to the top then oil needs to be heated.
* Gently make a spiral with the chakli mould or icing bag and deep fry to a golden brown.
* Cool moong dal chakli completely before storing in an airtight container.
Labels: MOONG DAL CHAKLI