1 ridge gourd, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 cup cooked rice
1 onion, cut length-wise
3 tbsp sesame seeds
3-4 dried red chillies
3 green chillies, cut into small pieces
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
coriander leaves for garnishing
- Fry sesame seeds and red chillies without adding any oil until golden brown. Cool them and grind to powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, green chillies, curry leaves and fry until onions turn brown.
- Add ridge gourd, salt, turmeric and cook on low flame until ridge gourd pieces turn soft.
- Add rice and the sesame, red chilli grounded powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and friend cashews.
Serve hot with plain yogurt or raita.