1 medium birakaya/ turai/ ridge gourd, skin removed and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 cup water
½ cup methi
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
¼ tbsp turmeric
¼ tbsp garam masala
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and add onions and cook until they turn brown.
- Add birakaya and cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomato and methi, mix everything and cover the dish.
- Cook until the birakaya is cooked well. Keep mixing in between.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add water and cover it. Simmer it for 5 mins.
- Add salt at the end and remove.
Serve hot either with chapatis or hot rice.