4 Medium Potatoes
1 Cup Curd
2 Tbsps Cream (Malai)
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
2-3 Green chilies or as per taste
4-5 Curry leaves
1/2 Tsp Coriander (dhania) Powder
1/2 Tsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Asfoetida - a pinch
Salt according to taste
Oil - 3tbsps
Cilantro (Hara Dhania/Kothmiri) – One handful
- Wash. Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes
- Heat oil in a wok (kadai), fry the potatoes till they are light brown.
- Drain and keep them aside.
- In the remaining oil add jeera and mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds start to crackle add asfoetida, and curry leaves.
- Add curd and salt and stir it continuously till the oil is separated from the masala.
- Add coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add the fried potatoes
- Add cream (malai) to enhance taste.
- Stir well for 5 more minutes.
- If more gravy is desired, add 1/2 cup of water and simmer it on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and green chilies for spicy flavor and your mouth watering dhahi aloo is ready!