Black and White Hearts Recipe
1 cup Butter (softened)
3 cup all-purpose Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
3 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 tblsp Shortening
How to make black and white hearts:
* Mix butter, cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla in bowl..
* Mix with mixer at medium speed till it is light and fluffy.
* Mix flour and beat till blended well.
* Divide dough in half.Cover each half with waxed paper.
* Let it freeze for 2 hours till it is firm.
* Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
* Cut dough with lightly floured heart-shaped cookie cutter.
* Place cutouts of 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
* Bake it in a preheated oven to 375Â°f till edges are lightly browned, it will take about 8-10 minutes.
* take it out of the oven onto wire racks.
* Let it cool completely.
* Over low heat melt chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan.
* Dip half of each heart into melted chocolate.
* Place it in a refrigerator on cookie sheets or trays lined with waxed paper until chocolate is set.
* Cover and store in refrigerator.