Coriander Thokku Recipe
2 - big bunches coriander
Salt to taste
100g - gingelly oil
25g - red chilli
Asafoetida, a little
1 tsp - urad dal
Tamarind, a small lemon size
1 tsp - mustard seeds
1. Clean the coriander, wash and dry it on a clean kitchen towel
2. In a small kadai, add some oil and fry red chilli, asafoetida and urad dal
3. In a mixer, first grind this masala, tamarind and then add coriander leaves and salt.
4. Heat 100 gms gingelly oil, add mustard seeds and ground paste
5. Cook for 5-7 mins on a slow flame.
6. Keep it in an air tight container.
7. This is an excellent side dish for dosa and curd rice.
Labels: Coriander thokku Recipe