Pumpkin Ginger Bread - Christmas Recipe
* 3 cups sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 2/3 cup water
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground cloves
* 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
4. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.