Sweet idli Recipe
300g - fine rawa (semolina/bombay rawa)
125g - sugar
125 ml - milk
125 ml - fresh curds
1/4 tsp - elachi powder
2 to 3 tbsp - ghee
a pinch of salt
1&1/2 tbsp - chopped cashew nuts
1 tbsp - raisins
1/8 tsp - baking soda
1. Fry rawa in a tsp of ghee, keep it aside to cool.
2. Mix curds, milk, melted ghee, salt and sugar and mix well.
3. Add rawa, 1 tablespoon of cashew, raisins and blend well; keep it for 1/2 hour
4. Add elachi powder and baking soda to the batter, beat well.
5. Add a few tsp of water if necessary (for idli batter consistency),
6. Pour batter in greased idli plates, garnish with remaining nuts and steam for 10 to 12 min.
7. Remove idli and serve hot with a tsp of melted ghee.
8. This is a great breakfast for children.
Labels: Sweet idli Recipe