Khasta Roti Recipe
2 cups - whole wheat flour
1/2 cup - semolina ( not semoline flour)
1 cup - fresh yogurt
1 tsp - cumin
1 tsp - Oregano (Ajwain)
1 tsp - Ghee
1 - onion, very finely chopped
Few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together and then mix to form a dough.
2. Make sure the dough is soft and not too dry/soft. Add flour or more yogurt, in case needed to make a smooth dough.
3. Knead well and then divide the dough into small balls. Now with a rolling pin, roll it out into circles, or any shape as desired.
4. in a non stick pan, add 1/4 tsp ghee /oil and then fry the Roti for 2-3 min.
5. Turn when brown spots appear all over the roti. Serve it with any side dish of your choice. It is crispy - thanks to the semolina and soft thanks to yogurt.
Labels: Khasta roti Recipe