Khajoor ke laddoo Recipe
4 cup - dates, deseeded and chopped fine
300g - finely grated fresh coconut
250g - sweetened mawa, crumbled
1/2 cup - sugar or according to taste
1/12 cup - almonds, coarsely chopped
1 tsp - cardamom powder
3/4 cup - ghee
1/2 cup - roasted poppy seeds
1. Grind the dates to a coarse paste.
2. Heat ghee and lightly fry the dates, crumbled mawa, coconut and sugar till the mixture is a solid mass.
3. Add almonds and cardamom powder and continue to fry till the mixture leaves the sides of pan.
4. Remove the mixture from fire.
5. Pour the date-mawa mixture into a tray to cool slightly.
6. Divide the mixture into even sized portions.
7. Shape each portion into a laddoo.
8. Spread roasted poppy seeds in a flat plate; roll the laddoos in the poppy seeds and serve.
Labels: Khajoor ke laddoo Recipe