guava jelly Recipe
1 1/2 kgs Guavas (Amrood)
6 cups Water
1/2 tsp Citric acid
* Wash and cut guava into thin slices and cook with water until very soft.
* Put this mixture in a coarse cloth and allow the juice to drip through into a bowl
* underneath and leave it for 12 hours.
* Do not squeeze the bag.
* Use the mixture in the bag for guava cheese.
* Measure the juice and add 3 cups of sugar to each pint of juice.
* Heat the sugar, guava juice and stir until it is dissolved.
* Strain the juice, add lemon juice and cook on a hot fire until setting point is reached.
* Cool and pour into airtight jars.
Labels: guava jelly Recipe