Peshawari Chana Recipe
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 cup onion chopped
1 bay leaf
3/4 cup tomatoes chopped
salt to taste
2 tblsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tblsp chana masala
2 tsp tea leaves
2 green chillies slit
1 tblsp ginger paste
1 tblsp garlic paste
2 tblsp oil
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tblsp red chilli powder
1 cup chick peas
How to make Peshawari Chana :
• Soak kabuli chana overnight.
• Mix in a little water to the soaked chana,
• Tie tea leaves in a piece of cloth and put it in water
• Then boil the chana until soft and dark in colour,
• Strain and keep aside.
• Heat up oil mix in bayleaf and cut onion,
• Stir fry until golden brown in colour.
• Mix in ginger, garlic paste and slit green chillies,
• Stir for some time, then mix in cut tomatoes,
• Also add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chana masala and cumin powder,
• Then stir fry for some time.
• Mix in boiled chana and approximately 1 cup of water
• And stir fry till chana gets coated with the thick masala.
• Sprinkle garam masala and salt mix well and serve hot.
Labels: Peshawari Chana Recipe