Kaju Mysore పాక్ Recipe
1/3 cup (50 grams) cashewnuts, powdered
1/3 cup (50 grams) plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup melted ghee, warm
1/2 teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
For pouring into the flour mixture
3 1/2 cups melted ghee, హాట్
1. In a bowl, combine the cashewnuts, flour, ghee and cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside.
2. In another pan, combine the sugar with 1/3 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer till the syrup is of 1 string consistency.
3. Add the cashewnuts and flour mixture and mix well, over a slow flame, stiring in one direction.
4. Pour the hot ghee , a little at a time from a height so that it trickles in a thin stream into the cashewnut mixture. Keep stirring with a ladle in a clockwise direction, adding larger quantities of the ghee towards the end.
5. When the Mysore pak expands and some ghee separates, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cold water on the pak. If it is ready, the Mysore pak will sizzle indicating that it is ready to be poured out.
6. Pour the mixture into a tray or a thali approximately 100 mm. (4″) in diameter. the sides of the thali should be at least 50 mm. (2″) high.
7. Allow it to set a little. Then, crack a small hole on one side and drain out all the excess ghee. Approximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups will get drained out.
8. Cut into 12 squares and store in an air-tight container.
Labels: Kaju Mysore పాక్ Recipe