Raksha Bandan Tamarind Rice Recipe
3 cups Rice cooked with 1 tbsp butter/ghee/oil
1/2 cup thick Tamarind extract
3 tbsp Channa Dal
2 tbsp grated Ginger
2 level tsp Red Chili powder
1 level tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Asafetida powder
6-8 Green Chilies slit in two
3-4 dry Chilies
Few Curry Leaves
5 tbsp Cashew nuts (broken up and kept)- Optional
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Salt to Taste
1. Heat ½ cup vegetable oil.
2. When the oil is hot add the chana dal, dry chillies, curry leaves, green chillies, asafetida powder or a small piece of solid Asafetida.
3. Fry until the Dal is golden brown.
4. Now, add the salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, grated ginger, broken cashew nuts and stir for a few minutes on a low flame. Don't let the turmeric and chili powder burn.
5. Boil for 15-20 minutes till the quantity reduces to half and the mixture becomes thick.
6. Put the cooked rice in a dish, add the prepared mixture and required quantity of the Tamarind extract.
7. Mix to the rice and stir well. Keep covered until ready to serve.
Rakhi Recipe Vermicelli Kheer | Banana Cutlet Rakha Bandan Recipe | Rakhi Recipe Vegetable Pancakes | Rakhi Bandan Pakoras Recipe | Rakhi Recipe Mal Pua | Rakhi Bandan Special Khoya Burfi Recipe
Labels: Raksha Bandan Tamarind Rice