Gobi Aloo Masala
1 medium cauliflower (cut ot small pieces)
1 Tomato (chopped )
1 Onion (chopped into small pieces)
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
tumeric powder for color and flavor
Bay leaves, cardamom and cloves all smashed or
crushed.Salt to taste
1) Start boiling the potatoes in a bowl.Let them boil for at least 15 minutes. After they are done, turn off the heat and let them stand in the water.
2) Wash the cut cauliflower pieces.
3) Heat the oil in a cooking pan . Add the mustard seeds to the hot oil.They will starting poping or make crackling sound.Then add bay leaves, cardamom and cloves.
4) Add the chopped onions. Fry until it is turns golden brown.
5) Add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder, and saute.
6) Add tomatoes and let it cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
7) Add cauliflower and cook on high heat for about 1 minutes.Add about 1 cup of water and salt. Now peel the boiled potatoes,and cut them into cubes (1inch) and add it to the pan.Cook covered in low heat for about 15 minutes or till the cauliflower is soft and cooked.
8) Add some coriander leaves as topping.