QUICK VEGETABLE PULAO
1 cup Rice (Chawal)
2 cup Water
200 gms Cauliflower (Phool gobi) Florets
2 small Potato (Aloo)
1/2 cup fresh Peas (Matar)
1 large Onion (Pyaj)
3-4 black Cardamoms (Elaichi)
1/2 tsp Red chilli (Lal Mirchi) Powder
1 x 1 inch Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
2-4 Cloves (Lavang)
4 tblsp Oil
1 tsp Salt (Namak)
* Wash and soak the rice for 1 hour, drain and keep aside.
* Slice the onion finely and chop the potatoes into small pieces.
* Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown, add all the vegetables, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
* Saute for 2-3 minutes, add little water and cook till the potatoes and peas are half cooked.
* Then add the drained rice, salt and red chilli powder.
* Mix well.
* Add 2 cups of water and boil.
* When the water starts boiling, reduce the flame and cover and cook till the rice is done.
Labels: QUICK VEGETABLE PULAO