Chicken 1 kg.
Oil 1/4 cup
Ginger Paste 1 tbsp.
Garlic Paste 1 tbsp.
Green Chilli Paste 1 tbsp.
White Pepper Powder 1 tsp.
Milk Solids (khoya) 1/2 cup
Almonds 1/4 cup
Yogurt 1 cup
Green Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp.
Rose Petal Powder 1/2 tsp.
Fresh Cream 4 tbsps.
Silver Varq for garnish
Almonds (sliced) for garnish
Pistachios (sliced) for garnish
* Wash chicken and cut into 12 pieces.
* Chop onions. Grind the almonds into a fine paste.
* Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add sliced onions and sauté till golden brown.
* Add the ginger and garlic paste. Add the green chilli paste and cook for 5 minutes.
* Add the almond paste, khoya and yogurt, cook slowly for 15-20 minutes.
* Add the white pepper powder and stir.
* Now add the chicken pieces and cook further on slow heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in 1 cup of water and simmer for another 5 minutes.
* Once the chicken is cooked add the fresh cream and stir.
* Add the cardamom powder and rose petal powder, simmer for 2 minutes and remove.
* Garnish with silver varq, almond and pista slices.
Labels: Chaandi Korma