2 red chillies whole
3/4 tsp panch phoron
1 cup sugar/jaggery
1/2 kg green mangoes
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
* Cut the green mangoes with the skin into boat shapes.
* Heat up oil in a pan, mix in 1/2 tsp panch phoron and the dry red chillies.
* When they start to crackle mix in the mangoes.
* Mix in warm water.
* Mix in sugar or jaggery.
* Mix in salt when the mangoes are cooked and the syrup is thick.
* Roast 1/4 tsp panch phoron on the tawa and grind it to a powder.
* When the chutney is cool sprinkle this powder on top.
Labels: AMER CHATNI