20g tamarind, soaked in hot water
4 glasses of any dal stock
4 green chilies
1 bunch of cilantro and curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
For rasam powder:
20g coriander seeds
10g pepper corns
5g cumin seeds
2 red chilies
1. Mix the tamarind water with crushed tomatoes and garlic, dal stock, green chilies, turmeric, salt and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Roast the ingredients of rasam powder without any oil and blend to a fine powder.
3. Add this powder to the above tamarind water and mix well.
4. Also add curry leaves, cilantro leaves and boil on heat until bubbles form in the mixture.
5. Remove from heat and serve.
Labels: Madras Rasam