2 Large Brinjals
2 cups Fresh Curds
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Ghee
4 Green Chillies
1 bunch Coriander Leaves
1 tsp Urad Dal
1 tsp Chana Dal
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
3 Red Chillies
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt - as per your taste
- Wash the brinjals and wipe them well with a dry cloth.
- Rub a little ghee or dalda on the entire surface of the brinjals.
- Hold the brinjals with stems over fire, to burn skin. Keep turning the brinjals, so that the skin on the surface is uniformly blackened. Put the brinjals on fire until they get softened.
- Remove from fire when done and wash the brinjals in a dish of water. The skin automatically comes off. If it does not come off the skin needs to be peeled off.
- Mash the brinjals. Keep aside.
- Make a paste of green chillies, coriander leaves and turmeric, add the paste to the brinjals and mix thoroughly.
- Take a kadhai and put oil in it. Add urad dal, chana dal, red chillies, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start spluttering remove from fire and mix it with the mashed brinjals.
- Beat the curds till smooth, add salt and the brinjals along with the paste to the curds.
- Serve with Rotis or Rice.