1/2 pound okra(ladies finger)
3 medium sized red onions
4 green chilies
1 tablespoon khus-khus
a handful of cashews
1 teaspoon chili powder
teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
a little each of cumin, methi seeds and saunf
salt for taste
fresh cilantro for garnish
- Chop the okra into pieces a little shorter than your pinky. (Wash and clean them before chopping) Dry them thoroughly and fry them in oil partially.
- You can finish crisping them in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. (This method uses less oil) Keep the fried okra aside.
- In a pan dry roast the khus-khus and cashews. Take them off the pan and add a little oil to the pan.
- Chop the onions and brown them lightly in the oil.
- Grind the onions along with the khus-khus and cashews.
- In the pan add 2 tablespoons of oil. (Slice the green chilies and the tomatoes) Add the cumin, methi seeds & saunf when oil is hot.
- Then add sliced green chilies & tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 min. Now add the ground paste and all spice powders from 8 to 10. Cook til oil separates.
- Add yogurt and cook for 15 min. Salt to taste, garnish with cilantro.
- Finally add the fried okra, mix well and switch off the stove. Enjoy with pulav or all kind of rotis.