Green Brinjals (small) 5-6
Besan 2 Tablespoons
Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoons
Coriander Powder 2 Teaspoons
Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon
Ginger a small piece
Garlic cloves 8
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Curd 1 cup
Oil 2 Table spoon
Jaggery a small piece
- Put ginger and garlic cloves together in a small vessel and paste them.
- Put Besan, cumin seeds, coriander powder, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, jaggery together on a plate and start mixing them. Add 1 tablespoon oil so that they mix well.
- Wash Brinjals and slit them vertically from two sides enough for stuffing, but do not break them. Fill the stuffing of besan and spices into the brinjals. Pressure cook the brinjals upto two whistles.
- Take the brinjals out of the cooker and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, take a vessel and pour 1 tablespoon of oil in it and heat it over low flame. Put mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the brinjals and stir slowly so that the brinjals get fried but do not break. Take the vessel out of the flame. Add the curd over the brinjals slowly.
- Garnish the vessel with Coriandar leaves. Ready to serve hot with chappatis.