Onion 1/2 LB
Tomato 1 LB
Ginger small pieces
Garlic 10 small cloves
Mint leaves 10 leaves
Green Chillies 10 (or to taste)
Cardamom 1 piece
Clove 2 pieces
Butter /or Oil 2 Tbsp
Whole Milk 1 litre
To make Panneer :
- Bring 1 litre whole milk to a boil.
- Add two spoons of Lemon juice and a laddle of fermented Yogurt. The milk and water gets separated.
- Strain the water (called Whey) and put the paneer in a muslin cloth and keep a heavy weight on top of it for a few hours.
- After the paneer gets set, steam it in a pressure cooker for five minutes.
- Remove the panner and make it into cubes.
- Deep fry the panneer cubes in oil.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Allow it to melt. Then add the clove and cardamom. Fry for a second.
- Add finely cut Garlic, Ginger, Chillies and onions.
- Fry all these things nicely and when the onions turn golden brown and gives a nice aroma, add the tomatoes and fry.
- Fry all the ingredients nicely for 15 minutes making sure that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- After frying well, remove the pan from stove. Add mint leaves just before removing the pan. And cool the masala.
- Grind the masala well in a mixie with water - Do not add too much water. Masala should be of medium consistency.
- Heat the pan, and add the ground masala. To this add salt to taste and the fried paneer cubes.
- Cook this in slow fire for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantros and serve with hot Parathas.