1 medium size dosakai (melon cucumber)
weighs about 350gms
10 green chillies, cut lenghtwise
(you can reduce as per your spice level)
1 tsp dhaniya (coriander seeds)
1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
Handful of toasted peanuts, peeled
3 tbsps of chintakai thokku
1 tbsp of cilantro, chopped
Salt as per taste
1tsp of oil
1 tsp of mustard seeds
few curry leaves
a pinch of asafeotida
1 tsp of oil
Peel the dosakai (melon cucumber), deseed and chop into very small and thin pieces or cubes.
- Heat the oil and add green chillies, saute it till cooked and be sure not to burn them.
- To this add dhaniya (coriander seeds) and jeera (cumin seeds) and fry for a min, cool and keep aside
- First grind roasted peanuts and add the chillies, chintakai thokku, cilantro, salt and just grind coarsely so that all ingredients are mixed well.
- Mix this with dosakai pieces and keep aside.
- For tempering heat a tsp of oil, add mustard seeds let them splutter, add curry leaves and fry for a few seconds on low heat.
- Lastly add a pinch of hing/ asaefotida and pour the tempering on the pachadi, mix well and serve with hot rice.