250 gms Bitter Gourds
50 gms Green chilies (hot)
100 gms Tamarind
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Methi seeds
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 teaspoon each Cumin seeds, Urad dal & Chana dal (need while frying)
250 gms Onions cut into an inch pieces
100 gms Oil
1 teaspoon ground Ginger
50 gms Sugar
- Cut bitter gourds into pieces along with seeds.
- Fry methi and cumin seeds.
- Grind bitter gourd, tamarind, green chilies, methi, cumin and salt.
- Put oil in pan, splutter mustard seeds, put cumin, urad and chana dal and hing.
- Put onions and fry till golden brown. After onions turn golden brown, put ginger into oil.
- Pour the ground paste into oil and fry till all the moisture is evaporated.
- Pour sugar while frying the paste. Preserve it in a dry bottle.