Sweet Corn Paneer Masala
Sweet corn kernels – 1 cup
Cottage Cheese/ Paneer – 150 gms
Capsicum- 2 medium sized
Fresh cream – ¼ cup
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Onion (finely chopped) – 2 medium sized
Tomato (finely chopped) – 2 medium sized
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Tomato ketchup – ¼ cup
Salt – to taste
* Boil the sweet corn till tender and drain the excess water and keep aside.
* Wash and deseed the capsicum. Cut it into small cubes.
* Cut the paneer into 1 inch cubes.
* In a kadhai or a heavy bottomed pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds and once it splutters add the chopped onions until transparent. Add the ginger garlic paste and mix well.
* Now add the tomatoes, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well on a low flame until oil separates from the masala and the tomatoes become tender.
* Add little water for the gravy. Add the boiled corn, capsicum and sauté well.
* Add the garam masala, salt and tomato ketchup.
* Once the capsicum is half cooked add the paneer and fresh cream. Mix gently and let it cook on a low flame with lid on till the capsicum is cooked properly.
* Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve with parathas or chapattis.
Labels: Sweet Corn Paneer Masala