1. Soak cashew nuts in water, for 1-2 hours.
2. Drain and grind them to a fine paste on a grinding stone, using as little water as possible.
3. Mix together the sugar and cashew paste. Cook in a kadhai on a medium flame.
4. When the mixture thickens, reduce the flame and keep stirring.
5. When the mixture becomes thick and comes away from the sides of the pan (it should take 8 minutes) sprinkle cornflour, stir well, and remove from the fire.
6. Immediately, mix in the rose essence and quickly turn onto a greased marble or wooden surface.
7. Quickly, roll thinly with a greased roller. Spread the silver sheet over and cut into diamond shaped katlis.
Labels: Kaju Katli