* Bread slices 400 gms
* Milk 1 litre
* Sugar 600 gms
* Ghee(500 gms) for frying
* Khoya 250 gms
* Cardamom seed 1/2 tsp
* Raisins 1/4 cup
* Cashew 1/4 cup
* Almonds 1/4 cup
* Silver foil for garnishing
1. Heat ghee in a kadai and fry the bread slices till golden brown.
2. Remove and immediately dip it into milk.
3. When fully soaked take it out and keep in a bowl.
4. Repeat for all the bread slices.
5. In another vessel take sugar, add about 1 1/2 cups of water so as to dissolve all sugar.
6. Boil till sugar syrup becomes slightly thick and sticky (one thread consistency).
7. Add cardamom and khoya.
8. Arrange soaked bread slices in a baking dish and pour syrup over them uniformly.
9. Bake in an oven till 200 degree C for half an hour or till the bread slices are fully soaked in sugar syrup.
10. Decorate with varak and sprinkle the fried dry fruits over the slices before serving.