Chocolate Cookie Dough
2 cup all-purpose Flour
1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Shortening
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 tblsp Milk
1/4 tsp Salt
How to make chocolate peanut butter hearts:
* As directed make and chill chocolate cookie dough.
* Beat peanut butter, sugar and shortening until fluffy.
* Mix well egg, milk and vanilla.
* Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
* Beat flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until blended well.
* Shape dough into disc and wrap it in a plastic wrap.
* Let is freeze in refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours.
* lubricate cookie sheets.
* fold peanut butter dough on floured waxed paper to 1/8-inch thickness.
* Cut dough using heart-shaped cookie cutter.
* Place cutouts on prepared cookie sheets.
* Repeat with chocolate dough.
* Remove small section from centers of hearts using a small cookie cutter.
* Set small peanut butter hearts into large chocolate hearts.
* Set small chocolate hearts into large peanut butter hearts.
* Press together slightly.
* Bake it in a preheated oven at 350°f till the edges are lightly browned, it will take about 10 to 14 minutes.
* Let it cool completely on the wire racks.