Mutton Curry Recipe
750 g - mutton pieces
4 tbsp - ghee
3 to 4 - onions
salt to taste
3 to 4 - tomatoes
2 to 3 cups - water
For the Masala:
1/2 - fresh coconut (grated)
1 - onion, finely chopped
8 to 10 - red chillies
1 tsp - coriander seeds
1 tsp - cumin seeds
1/2 tsp - fenugreek seeds
15 - whole peppers
1 tsp - poppy seeds
2 to 3 - cinnamon sticks
4 - cloves
6 to 8 - garlic
1. Clean and wash the mutton pieces.
2. Fry the grated coconut till dark brown and keep aside.
3. Fry the chopped onions till golden.
4. On a medium flame fry red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, pepper, poppy seeds, cinnamon, cloves and garlic. Cool.
5. Now grind all these ingredients with the fried coconut and onions to a fine paste.
6. Take ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel, add finely chopped onions and fry till golden on a low flame.
7. Add the mutton pieces and fry for 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
8. Add the masala paste and salt to taste.
9. Saute for 5-10 minutes on a low flame till the mutton pieces are well coated with the masala.
10. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
11. Add 2-3 cups of water and mix well.
12. Cook on a low flame, stirring at regular intervals till the mutton is tender.
13. Serve with plain rice.
Labels: Mutton Curry Recipe