rolled oats - 2 cups
moong dal - 1 cup
cumin - 2 tsp
pepper - 1 tsp
ginger finely chopped - 1 tsp
cashew nuts - 2 tsp
curry leaves - 1 sprig
oil/ghee - 3 tsps
1. In a pressure cooker, add the oil/ghee and let it heat for a minute.
2. Then add cumin, pepper and cashew nut.
3. When it is slightly browns add oats, rinsed and drained moongdal, chopped ginger, curry leaves, salt and 6 cups water.
4. Close the cooker lid and cook it until one whistle in a medium heat.
5. Serve it with sambhar and/or coconut chutney.
Labels: Oats Pongal