Batata Poha Recipe
2 cups thick poha
1 onion, chopped
2 potatoes, chopped small
¼ cup roasted groundnuts
2 green chilies
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
4 tbsp freshly grated coconut (or dessicated coconut)
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp oil
* In a bowl, soak poha in enough water to cover the surface and a few millimeters above.
* Let sit for half an hour, or until all the water is soaked.
* Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
* When they splutter, add the onion, stir and add potatoes.
* Cook until the potatoes are done.
* Add groundnuts and stir until they brown.
* Add the poha, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Mix well.
* Serve garnished with coriander leaves and coconut.
Labels: Batata Poha Recipe