Crispy Fried Okra
* 1/2 cup tapioca flour
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 pound okra pods, trimmed
* 1 cup cooking oil to fry
* Nam Pla Prig Sauce (recipe below)
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce,
* 1 slice shallot or garlic clove,
* juice of 1/4 lime,
* 1 to 4 sliced chiles
1. Mix the flours, baking powder and water together.
2. Stir to mix well, then drop the okra pods in and stir again.
3. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat.
4. Test by adding a drop of batter; when it puffs up immediately, the oil is ready.
5. Remove pods from the batter one at a time and add to the wok, taking care not to crowd.
6. Fry until lightly brown. Drain and keep warm until all the pods are cooked.
Labels: Crispy Fried Okra