TAMATAR KA SHORBA
600 gms. Tomatoes
1 tbsp. Chopped ginger
1 tbsp. Chopped garlic
1 tbsp. Whole garam masala
2 no. Bay leaf
1 tbsp. Chopped green coriander
1 tsp. Cumin seeds
1 tbsp. Sugar (optional)
1 tbsp. Oil
2 no. Green chili
As per taste Salt
* Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters
* Cook tomatoes with chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies cut into two and Whole Garam Masala. Add 5 cups of water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
* Simmer for twenty minutes on a slow flame until tomatoes are mashed completely.
* Strain the mixture with a soup strainer.
* Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let them crackle. Add strained tomato liquid and season with salt.
* Bring it to a boil, add sugar if it is very sour.
* Serve tamatar ka shorba hot, garnished with chopped green coriander leaves.
Labels: TAMATAR KA SHORBA