METHI KE GATTE
2 - 3 pinch asafoetida
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 cup fenugreek leaves (methi) chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
3 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
salt to taste
3 1/2 tblsp mustard oil
3 1/2 tblsp Mustard Oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Red Chilli crushed
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (amchur)
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 -2 pinch Asafoetida
* Mix everything methi, gram flour, asafoetida, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
* Mix in mustard oil and enough water to knead into a firm dough.
* Divide into equal parts and roll into cylinders.
* Boil some water in a pot and mix in these cylinders (gattes) for 15 â€“ 20 minutes.
* Drain, cool and cut into 1" long pieces.
* Heat up oil to smoking point.
* Take off the heat up and cool slightly.
* Heat up again, mix in asafoetida, mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, mix in the gattes.
* Mix in coriander powder, crushed red chillies, garam masala powder and amchur powder.
* Stir to mix well.
* Serve hot.
Labels: METHI KE GATTE