2 green chillies
5 - 6 medium potatoes
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp pure ghee
2 tblsp mustard oil
4 tblsp poppy seeds (khuskhus)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp onion seeds (kalonji)
* Take off and cut the potatoes into one inch sized pieces.
* Keep them in water.
* Soak poppy seeds in one cup warm water for fifteen to twenty minutes.
* Remove and grind to a fine paste.
* Heat up mustard oil in a pot till it just reaches smoking point.
* Remove, cool and heat up the oil again on medium heat.
* Mix in kalonji and stir-fry briefly.
* Mix in potato pieces and stir fry on medium heat up for five minutes, stirring frequently.
* Mix in the poppy seeds paste, stir and mix in half cup of water, cover and stir fry on low heat up till the potatoes are almost done.
* Take off the lid, mix in salt, sugar and slit green chillies.
* Continue to stir fry for a minute more or till potatoes are completely cooked, stir in desi ghee and serve hot.
Labels: ALOO POSTO