Paneer : 250 gms
Potatoes : 3 nos (boiled & mashed)
Coriander & Cumin seeds Powder : 1 tsp
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Oil : for frying
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1/2 tsp
Onions : 3 nos
Green chillies : 6-8 nos
Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts : 100 gms
Poppy Seeds : 50 gms
Milk : 1/2 cup
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Salt : 1 1/2 tsp
Butter : 3 tsp
Water : 4 cups
Lemon Juice : 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves : for garnishing
Method for Koftas:
- Grate the paneer and mix well with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the salt and coriander and cumin seeds powder. Mix well and make into round balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the koftas till golden brown and keep aside.
- Soak cashewnuts and khus-khus in luke warm milk and keep aside for 20 min and grind it to a smooth paste along with the milk.
- Make a paste of onions and green chillies and keep aside.
- Heat the pan, add the butter to it. Add onion-green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste and fry till oil separates.
- Add tumeric powder. Add the cashewnut paste and fry for 3 min on a low flame.
- Add salt and garam masala to the gravy. Pour water into the gravy and let it boil for 5 min. Put off the flame and add lemon juice to it.
- Dump the koftas into the gravy, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.